Coach Mike Coughlin – Triathlon Coaching
Personal Triathlon Coaching
The CoachDon’t let the trademark easygoing coaching style fool you: get out cycling on the famous Blue Ridge Parkway, and you’ll see the competitiveness that took DZ Head Coach Mike Coughlin to Kona and Ultraman.
Coach Mike is a veteran of over 100 triathlons, more trail runs than he likes to remember, and numerous ultra-distance races – swim, bike, run, and every combination. Coach Mike has competed at the Ironman World Championships and is the current the Ultraman World Champion. As a cyclist, he’s also won the Furnace Creek 508 in the team division and the famous Hoodoo 500 stage race.
Coach Mike is a NCCP Certified Competition Coach and has been coaching triathlon for over 10 years, working with all triathletes from absolute beginners to Olympic development athletes. Coach Mike takes racing seriously, but also believes that triathlon is for everyone. Having experienced every level of training and racing, Coach Mike has found triathlon key to a lifelong fitness, health, and balance. His coaching style is relaxed and helpful: there’s no one more likely to quietly offer a thoughtful suggestion to help you train and race better.
Coach Mike is currently accepting athletes for the upcoming year. Coach Mike enjoys coaching athletes of all skill and experience levels are welcome, so the only prerequisites are a willingness to train and a desire to improve. Online, by phone, via Skype, or in person, Coach Mike can provide athletes with the insight, knowledge and experience to train well, stay healthy, and achieve their goals.
Age-Group Triathlon Coaching
Power and GPS Data Analysis
Event-Specific Triathlon Training Programs
Personal Triathlon Training Sessions
Elite Triathlete Coaching
Junior and U23 Competition-Level Triathlon Coaching
Iron Distance Triathlon Coaching
Head Coach Mike Coughlin and his team of NCCP trained coaches offer a variety of personal coaching options for triathletes of all skill and experience levels. Online, by phone, via Skype, or in person, DZ coaches can provide athletes with the insight, knowledge and experience to train well, stay healthy, and achieve their triathlon goals.
DZ Coaches also provide personal training, swim stroke instruction, bike skills training, and run coaching. We often coach runners and cyclists, too!
- Coaching for Beginner Triathletes
- First Triathlon Coaching
- Personal Race Training & Simulations
For All Triathletes:
- Friendly & Effective Group Training
- Personal Training Sessions
- Event-Specific Training Programs & Race Training Schedules
- Professional Swim, Bike, Run, & Transition Skills
- Triathlon-Specific Swim Stroke Improvement
- Race Strategy, Training Strategy, & Race Selection
- Sprint, Olympic, Long Course, & Iron-Distance Personal Coaching
For Competition and Elite Athletes:
- Power Meter & GPS Data Analysis
- Functional Threshold Power Testing
- ULTRAMAN Distance Triathlon Coaching
- Ultra-Marathon Run Coaching
- Ultra Distance Cycling Coaching
- Aero Bike Fit
- Draft-Legal Triathlon Testing & Certification